A drip campaign is a series of time released messages in which you can schedule over a period time. Some examples in which they have been used for include workout challenges, pregnancy journeys, religious feeds and more.
How does a Drip campaign work?
- You can create a series of messages that will be released to your contacts on a time frame that you specify. For example, if someone joins your text list, you can set up a series of messages that are sent to them at a certain time of day. For instance, you can have anyone that joins that list receive texts at noon their time or whichever you prefer.
- Each drip message is sent based upon the time the contact is added to your campaign, so if you have contacts at different times, each will receive all of the drips, but based on an individualized schedule
When should I use a drip campaign?
- You should use a drip campaign to nurture/onboard customers when they first join your list
- You can use drip campaigns to automate timely follow-ups based on an event
- You can use a drip campaign to break up larger communications into smaller, more easily digestible chunks over time