Integrating With Zendesk
EZ Texting's Zendesk integration empowers you to save time and offer a better customer service experience by syncing your ticketing system with your text messaging activity.
For example, you can purchase a custom keyword from us which would enable customers to text questions into your EZ phone number (e.g.: Text HELP to 313131) and have those questions automatically become Zendesk tickets for follow-up.
You can also reduce inbound call volume by allowing service representatives and customers to communicate by text message directly within the Zendesk platform.
How to Get Started With the Zendesk Setup:
1. Click the ‘Admin’ tab on the left navigation.
2. Click 'API' under Channels.
3. Click the '+' icon under ‘Active API Tokens’ to create a new one. Make sure you copy your Zendesk API token because Zendesk will only show you the full token when you create one. If you forgot to copy it or don't have a copy of an existing token, you can create a new one.
4. From there you're ready to integrate with EZ Texting. Once you've created a keyword, you can click on the options menu on the right-hand side to connect your keyword with Zendesk.
5. Enter your Zendesk subdomain, email address, and API token that you've copied in step four and hit connect. Once complete, you should be ready to go!
- Make sure you copy your Zendesk API token as Zendesk will only show you the full token at the time you create one.
- If you forget to copy your token or don't have a copy of an existing token, you can create a new one in Zendesk.
You should be aware that the Zendesk integration cannot be enabled on Keywords that have sub-Keywords or use API Forwarding. These Keyword features will be disabled after the Zendesk setup.