A key benefit of EZ Texting’s platform is its ability to see performance data about your texting campaigns. Knowing what works and what doesn’t will help you create more effective campaigns in the future.
Here we will cover the two different ways to review your message activity reports:
Information in Your Outbox
To find out how your messages have sent, go to your Outbox. You can filter your results, search for specific messages, or view messages from a date range. Once you have found the campaign you are seeking information for, click on View Report.
After clicking the link you will be given an overview of that message's results.
Who Received Your Message?
Click the Details tab to see which numbers received or didn't receive your message. You can also view this by clicking directly onto each boxed section. Toggle the drop down menu to view numbers under each status. You can also Export the results to download a copy.
Tip: Save credits by opting out or deleting Bounced contacts. To do this, click on Bounced in your delivery report. You will see these options to the right of the results.
What does each status mean?
- Delivered - Device Confirmed: This refers to the text messages that reached your contacts’ phones or that the phone service provider of the contact has received the text. However, this numbers do not mean that contacts received, read, or opened the text. There is no way to determine if contact has read the text once it has been delivered to them.
- Queued: This refers to the text messages that are set to be sent soon. These messages may be delayed by phone carriers as the carriers ultimately have to deliver the messages to your contacts. If you are sending to a large group, it may take some more time to send all the messages through phone carrier traffic at once.
- Bounced: A text message that was bounced means the text was rejected by the cell phone service provider. An example of a bounce might be that the carrier is no longer providing service to your contact.
- Not Sent – Opted Out: This contact has opted out of receiving text messages from your short code number
You can also click directly onto the Link Report to see who clicked the link in your text message.
Engagement Statistics (Campaign Reports) - Interactions with the Message
These reports are available for messages sent to more than 1 recipient. The campaign report shows detail on how the recipients interacted with your message..
- Replied: These contacts replied to your message within the 12 hour reply window.
- Opted Out: These contacts replied with an opt out request within the 12 hour reply window. If the contact first sent a reply, but then sent an opt out request, the contact’s response will only be counted as an opt out.
- No Action: These contacts did not reply within the 12 hour reply window.
For a full report over a period of time, try out our Reporting Feature.