Connecting your EZ Texting account to Mailchimp only takes a few steps. First, you'll need to grab your Mailchimp API Key. After that, things should be pretty simple.
In your Mailchimp account, click on your profile icon in the bottom left corner and select Profile. Then select the Extras tab and choose "API Keys".
Under the "Your API Keys" section, highlight and copy the API key. If you don't have an API key, select "Create A Key".
Then go back to your EZ account and select Tools > Integrations.
Click Connect under the Mailchimp section.
Then, paste the key into the Mailchimp API key field.
In order to ensure your Sync completes properly, please makes sure the Phone Number Field Label you have entered matches the Phone Number Field Label for the Mailchimp list you would like use. For First Name, Last Name and Email, we provide you with the default Mailchimp Field Labels for those fields. If you have modified the Mailchimp default Field Labels you will need to modify the Labels we have provided.
The list of label tags can be found by going to Audience then Manage Audience on the right, choose Settings from the dropdown.
Once you are on settings, there is another row of tabs in the middle of the screen. Click the Settings tab and choose Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags to see the tags in your account.
To view the exact field labels in your Mailchimp account:
- In your Mailchimp account, select the Audience List
- For the desired audience list, use the Settings drop down menu to select List Fields and Merge Tags
- On the Audience Fields and MERGE Tags page, you can view the Field Labels for all of the fields that exist for that audience list.
- Copy and paste the exact Field Label for the phone number field in your Mailchimp Account, into to the field labeled Label For Phone in the Sync Setup of your EZ Texting account. Again, if you have changed the default Field Labels for First, Last or Email you will want to copy and paste those as well.
Finally, in your EZ account, you'll be able to choose whether you want to perform a manual sync or allow us to automatically sync Mailchimp contacts whenever you login to EZ Texting.
- We'll never overwrite data in your Mailchimp account!
- A phone number is required for a contact to be added to your EZ Texting account as all EZ Texting contacts require a phone number. Also, please ensure that you have the full 10 digit phone number of your contacts. The phone numbers must be a standard 10 digit US/Canadian phone number, so you won’t be able to sync any contacts outside of North America. Mailchimp contacts without area codes (or anything other than a proper, 10 digit number) will be skipped during the sync.
- If you choose to sync multiple Mailchimp audience lists, those lists MUST use the same Field Labels for each field, as you may only enter a single set of Field Labels for your Mailchimp connection. If you have multiple lists with different Field Labels the sync will only work with the list(s) that match the provided Field Labels. In this rare case you will need to manually sync each list, with the appropriate Field Labels for each list.
- All numbers will sync to ALL lists chosen in EZ Texting - there is no 'mapping' e.g.:
Suggested Articles: Integrating Mailchimp with EZ Texting (Video)