When your customers checkout items on your website, you may want to collect their phone number so you can automatically send them text notifications to promote your services. However, to send texts notifications to your customers, it is important that you receive opt-in consent. Here we will show you how to easily set this up for your checkout form on your Squarespace website.
Step 1 - Log in to your Squarespace account, then select the website you would like to Edit
Step 2 - Select Commerce and then scroll down and select "Checkout".
Step 3 - Scroll down and select Additional Fields.
In the Additional Fields menu check the Enable Custom Checkout Form checkbox, and click on the Edit Custom Forms button that appears below.
Step 4 - Create the customer fields for your form with the following fields:
- Phone field
- Checkbox field
- Line field
Before creating the fields, add a title in which you would like to name this form. For example, you could name it something like "Order Updates" or "Text Notifications" for your reference.
After you have created a title, select Add Form Field.
Select the Phone Number field option. This is where your customers will enter their phone number, so you can title it as "Phone Number".
Note: We'll refer to this title again later in your EZ account.
The description box should say something like: "Enter your phone number if you'd like to receive order updates and marketing notifications via text."
Now, add a second form field and select the Checkbox icon. Name this field "Please Select".
- In the Description box, we recommend entering the following text: Interested in receiving text messages for order updates and promotions? Check the following to opt-in!
- In the options box - rename Option One to "Yes! I'd like to receive text notifications."
Option Two should be deleted so there is only one checkbox in the live form preview on the right.
- The "required radio button" should remain unchecked unless you want to make texting a mandatory part of your checkout.
- Select “Done” to save the checkbox field.
- A Live Form Preview will appear to the right
Now, add a third form field and select the Line option.
Fill in the details as follows as this is where customers will be able to see that they are opting in to consent to receiving text messages:
- In the description box, we recommend the following text: "*By checking this box, I consent to receive automated text messages. Recurring messages subscriptions. Msg & data rates may apply."
- On the bottom, click Save and your new fields will be saved in your checkout flow.
Now, your checkout form will be live on your website! Here is an example of what your order form should look like:
Step 5 - Complete the Integration in EZ Texting
- Login or go back to your EZ account
- Select Tools on the left panel > Integrations
- Click "Manage" > Settings tab
Now, the "Title" of each Phone Number field and the Checkbox field on your form should also reflect in your EZ Texting account.
For the Opt-In section, enter the title of the Checkbox field of the Squarespace form you just made.
For the Phone Number section, enter the title of the Phone Number field in your checkout form.
Then, click Save.
Your checkout form should now be complete and your customers can now easily opt into your EZ text list!