Before you send your first text message you'll need to add contacts to send it to, but there is one very important caveat we need to cover first: Compliance.
A scary word, but we promise it's easy.
All you need to know is that in order to receive any text marketing communications from you all of your contacts need to have opted in to receive those messages. That is, they need to have expressly permitted you to contact them on their phones.
How to Add Contacts
There are two primary ways to add contacts: individually or you can bulk upload them from a spreadsheet. You may be starting your contacts list from scratch or you may already have a long list of people who have given you their phone number and agreed to receive marketing messages from you.
How to Add Individual Contacts
- Log in to your EZ Texting account.
- On the left nav, click on Contacts.
- Under Contacts, click Add Contacts.
- Complete all the information, consider adding them to a Group, then click Save.
How to Bulk Upload Contacts From a Spreadsheet:
1. To start, navigate to Contacts option from the left navigation menu and select Add Contacts from the top navigation.
2. Select Upload in the top menu. You can drag your contact spreadsheet into the field to upload it, or browse for the file.
To make it easier, we also have a contact list template you can download and a tutorial video you can watch.
3. Now, this third step called Mapping is very important. After you upload your contact list use the dropdown menus to map the contact information to the appropriate fields within your EZ Texting account. Phone Number is the only required field. First Name, Last Name, Email, and Notes are the other default options.
If you need additional data fields, you can create up to 5 custom fields. To do that, click the Adding New Contact Fields link at the bottom left or select Add Contact Field from the dropdown menus at the top of each columns.
After defining the field, click the Create button.
When your fields are mapped and created, click the Continue button at the bottom of the page to move to the next step.
Next: Set up your Free Demo Keyword!