Sending group texts is one of the most effective ways to notify, engage, and promote your organization.
How to Choose Recipients
Send to Group:
Choose which contact group(s) the text message is addressed to. Or you can add individual contacts.
Manually type additional or alternative recipient phone numbers separated by commas, in 10 digit format with no spaces or symbols (i.e. 6789313113).
Add a Subject - Optional
The first, optional, part of your message is a subject line. The subject line lets you tell your contacts what the message is about, or more importantly, who the message is from. When received on the user's phone, the Subject appears in front of the incoming text message in parentheses. NOTE: Subject counts against your total character count so keep it brief!
Write a Message
Type the body of the message to be sent..
Choose a Type of Message
If your message is longer than 160 characters (including spaces) or includes an image or media file, you will be prompted to send an MMS message instead of an SMS message.
Curious about sending pictures? Don’t forget to check out our MMS article!
Schedule Delivery and Send Message
Set the time to queue the text message for delivery, or you can choose to send immediately!
How do I adjust my Time Zone?
Manage your time zone from the My Account > Personal Info page.
Can I include links in my Message?
Yes. You will be prompted to replace your link with a shortened link. If you use our link shortening tool you will be able to track which contacts clicked on the link, and the percentage of your total contacts that clicked on the link.
How Does the Link Shortener Work?
The link shortening tool allows you to include a text message with very few character, which is a great help considering that an SMS text must be 160 characters or under! But the major benefit of this tool is that it lets you track how many people (and which ones) click on their link. From there, you can send new follow up texts to people based on whether or not they clicked the link. Although EZ Texting does not have a way of tracking how many contacts actually read a text, using the link shortening tool lets a user measure this indirectly.
To see how your shortened links are performing, click “Link Shortener” in the Tool menu.
For more on reading reports, watch our video.
What are Templates?
When you create a text message you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. EZ Texting makes it easy to save messages your sending as templates you can send again. We’ve also put together a list of typical kinds of messages that customers send that you can use as a jumping-off point. You can read more about templates here.
How Does Personalization Work?
Addressing your customers by name can make a big impact. It makes the message feel more personal and like something that was made just for them.
To add a personalized word -- such as your customer’s name -- in the body of your text message you click the “Personalize” button. Then you can choose what you want to include. The EZ Texting tool will add the real name in automatically when the message gets sent.
What Are Some Best Practices When Sending a Group Text?
- Promote your business like a pro
- Send at least once a month to keep your business top of mind
- Pictures are worth 1000 words, consider sending a picture with your text message (MMS)
- Tell your customers what you want them to do - always include a call to action such as a link to click, a phone number to call, or a place to go.
- Give them a deal that’s too good to pass up - coupons, discounts, or BOGO offers are always crowd favorites.
- Send people reminders to avoid missed connections and no-shows
- Send reminders at least 24 hours notice before appointments
- Give customers the option to confirm or reschedule (if applicable)
- Don’t forget a brief subject line so they know who you are and why you’re texting.
- Text on-the-go from whatever connected device you’re on
- Set up text from phone - you can turn this on for specific Keyword campaigns.
Set up email/sms forwarding - Don’t forget that you can’t reply to the emails