The inbox is where all of your incoming messages will appear. Here we will show you how to navigate and manage your messages by:
- Searching and Responding to Incoming Messages
- Replying to Incoming Messages
- Opting out or Editing Contacts in Your Inbox
- Create a New Message From Your Inbox
Note: This article specifically addresses issues related to our new "Inbox" – combining the former "Message Inbox" and "Chat Inbox" into one. We are in process of rolling this out to all customers. If your dashboard has yet to be updated please refer to previous inbox articles.
If you are communicating through 1-on-1 Chat with your contacts, or if you sent out a mass campaign to multiple individuals, you can find responses to either type of message here.
Searching and Responding to Incoming Messages
A list of messages from your recipients will appear on the left.
You can sort your messages by contact number by toggling the All Numbers dropdown menu. If you are using a 10-digit textable number for 1-on-1 Chat those numbers will be amended with the parenthetical (textable numbers). Messages related to a sent mass message will appear appear amended with the phrase (short code).
Responses from All Numbers will appear by default and in chronological order based on the latest message received.
You can also use the Filter dropdown to view messages that are:
- Unread only — Believe it not, unread messages
- Opt-ins only — Contacts that subscribed using a Keyword
- Opt-outs only — Users that have replied "STOP," "remove," or "cancel" to opt out
- Archived only — Messages that have been archived from your view
Note: If you aren't receiving or finding texts in your inbox, find out what may be causing this issue.
Replying to Incoming Messages
To reply to a message, click directly onto the message, or the contact's number, in the list on the left.
Then, as you would in an ongoing text chat, type your message into the bottom field where it says "Type your message," and click Send. You can also press "Enter" to send your message.
Additional message options appear as icons beneath the message text field. From left to right, they will allow you to:
Opting out or Editing Contacts in Your Inbox
To edit or opt out a contact first select the conversation with the contact you wish to update and click the three-dot Ellipses (or Hamburger) Menu to the top right of the conversation.
If a contact's number is already saved in your account, the first option will be Edit Contact. You can also manually opt out the contact with Opt-Out Contact, and save a conversation with Archive Conversation.
Note: Recipients that reply to your messages with command lines including "Stop," "Remove," or "Cancel" will automatically be opted out. No further action will be required.
Create a New Message From Your Inbox
Select New Message in the upper right corner.
You will then have two options:
- Send a Group Message
- Send a single message for an ongoing 1-on-1 Chat
1. If you select Group Message you will be directed to the New Message page where you can formulate your mass text to two or more individuals.
Note: A Group Message will be sent using your short code number. (1-on-1 Chat messages should be sent from your 10-digit textable number so that the messages can be threaded and easily continued.)
2. If you select 1-on-1 Chat your current inbox page will be refreshed. Then, you can choose your 10-digit textable number to send the message from by clicking on the From: dropdown menu and entering the recipient's name or number into the To field.
If you have yet to use a textable number for 1-on-1 Chat in EZ Texting, learn how by starting here!