This is an internal number to your mobile telephone carrier. In the U.S., there is no way of having a message display your name unless the message is coming from a phone number that has your name inside its phonebook. There is also no way of faking a message to make it seem like it's coming from your phone number - if there were such a way it would be a huge security risk - anybody would be able to send messages to any phone using your phone number. This is the way that mass text messaging works across all carriers at the moment.
Articles in this section
- EZ Chat: 1 to 1 Messages (Video)
- Sent Message: Delivery Reports (Video)
- EZ Texting: Multimedia Messaging (Video)
- Text Reminders: Explained! (Video)
- Messages: Send a Group Text
- Messages: Advanced Features
- Messages: Send a Voice Broadcast
- Can I send out a message longer than 160 characters?
- Can I pick the short code/phone number it comes from?
- Forwarding Messages To An Email Account