Drip Campaigns are like email autoresponders – they allow you to automatically send a timed series of text messages to a group of contacts. The messages are sent to anyone who joins a group that is connected to that campaign. While you don't need a keyword for a Drip Campaign, most people connect a Drip Campaign to a group which you can join via a keyword.
Step 1 - Click Campaigns and then click Drip Campaigns when the menu expands. The Drip Campaign page will list any existing campaigns you have created so you can edit them. Otherwise, click Create Campaign.
Step 2 - Name the campaign and choose a Group to connect it to. You may only connect a Drip Campaign to an empty group -- so groups without members will be the only ones listed. Tip: After creating your Drip Campaign and connecting it to a new, empty group, you can add contacts to it or set up a keyword that feeds into it.
Step 3 - Add messages to your Drip campaign by clicking Add Message. You’ll be able to:
- Choose when the message goes out. You will also select the number of days to wait after a contact has joined the Drip Campaign for this message to be sent.
- Set the time for this message to send, you don't want your messages to go out at odd times.
- Compose the message itself.
After you’ve created your first message you can continue creating messages additional messages in the sequence, or if you’re done, click the green save button Save next to the message number.
Editing Your Campaign
Once your campaign is active you can always add and remove messages in the sequence, or edit the contents and timing of a particular message.
- Once a Drip Campaign is created you may not change the group it is connected to.
- As soon as a contact is added to a group connected to a Drip Campaign, the first message in the series will be scheduled. As soon as that message is sent, the next message in the series will be scheduled, and so on.
- If a contact opts out or you manually remove them from a group connected to a Drip Campaign any scheduled and future messages will be removed/not sent to them.
- If you choose to connect your Drip Campaign to a group that typically receives its members from keyword opt-ins, please remember that those contacts will still receive an opt-in confirmation text when they join.
Have more questions? Call EZ Texting at (800) 753-5732!